Whether you have been stand-up paddleboarding for years or have never been on a board, come learn to SUP and improve your skills with us.
We have created different SUP Clinics and custom tours to suit paddlers of different styles and skill levels. Our coaches are experienced surfers and paddlers and are certified by International Surfing Association, World Paddle Association or Paddle Canada.
- SUP, paddle, leash
- Personal floatation device
- ISA/WPA/Paddle Canada certified coach
Level up your SUP! Our SUP Clinic Level 2 will get you paddling and turning like a pro. This clinic focuses on improving your paddle stroke and introducing you to more advanced turns in a fun and relaxed environment. Expect on-land instruction and plenty of in-water practice. This class is perfect for those that have taken our Level 1 clinic and/or have self-taught SUP experience. In this clinic, we will progressively build on the drills presented in Level 1 focusing on technique and biomechanics to perform specific drills, perfecting paddling stroke, and performing advanced turns. For children under 16 years old, we require that one parent sign up for the class as well.
Skill levels: Participants who have taken Level 1, an intro to SUP course, or have SUP experience and want to refine their paddle stroke and turns.
Abilities: In order to attend this class, a participant must be able to perform the following:
- Be able to stand
- Paddle forward
- Perform a basic turn
- SUP, paddle, leash
- Personal floatation device
- ISA-certified coach
|Class Size||Equipment Included||BYOB*|
*Bring Your Own Board, leash, paddle and PFD.
All clinics are 90 minutes. All prices are per person. Prices do not include HST.
How to Book
Our coaches are available for bookings according to the following schedule:
Saturdays 7AM–11AM | 4–7PM
Terms & Conditions
The health and safety of our community members and staff is of the utmost importance to us at all times. In light of growing concerns regarding the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we want to assure you that we have been closely monitoring updates from The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) as they relate to COVID-19 and implementing appropriate additional health and safety recommendations as necessary.
What we’re doing:
- Reducing the number of customers at the shop and in our clinics at any given time
- Removing indoor seating at the shop until further notice
- Wearing face masks when interacting with customers and other employees
- Increasing the frequency of our shop deep cleans
- Continuing with our regular sanitation of surfaces
- Disinfecting all surfaces, door handles, rental equipment and shared areas regularly with Benefect—a hospital grade, non-toxic disinfectant
- Quarantining products and equipment that have been tried on or used by customers for a period of 48 hours prior to putting it back into circulation
- Adding sanitizing stations for all to use throughout our spaces
- Educating our staff and community members on best hygiene practices
What we’re asking of you:
- Use your own equipment for clinics and and workshops whenever possible
- Wear a face mask when coming into the shop or while attending our clinics
- Stay at home if you are feeling ill and unwell
- Stay away from the shop and not attend one of our clinics for 14 consecutive days if you have travelled internationally to a COVID-19 hotspot or have been in close contact with an infected person
- Washing your hands with soap for at least 30 seconds or using our hand sanitizer frequently
- Minimize person-to-person contact
- Cough into a tissue, your shirt, or the crease of your elbow
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
You can cancel your class online or through our app up to 24 hours before class start time to avoid losing the class. We do not accept email or phone cancellations. If you have not canceled your class, you will receive an email the following day to advise you that you have been late canceled.
LATE CANCEL PENALTY
Our late cancel policies are based on student feedback to help create a more fluid and relaxing sign in. If we hold a spot for you and you don’t show up it means that someone else could not get into the class and this is frustrating for people who have made the time to show up.
No refunds or credits are given for classes missed. We are sorry, but we cannot make individual exceptions. You have until 24 hours before class starts to add yourself in or remove yourself based on your schedule, so you can always wait until you know you can definitely make it to save your spot!
Even when a class appears full, you may, and should, add yourself to the waitlist. When a cancellation is made, the first name on the wait list gets automatically added to the class, and you receive an automatic email and/or text message at the time. Once you get added to the class from the waitlist you become responsible for attending or canceling.
LATE ARRIVAL PHILOSOPHY
If you are not signed in at the desk, at the beach, or at the skate park within 10 min before class starts and there are students hoping and waiting for a spot in class, we open the available spots in class to those who are on the waitlist, and your reservation might thus be forfeited. We also start our classes on time and will not accept any late entry to classes.
Surf the Greats has a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination based on age, gender, sexuality, mental or physical disability, body type, race, religion or political belief.