Chemex Classic 6 CupRegular price $64.95 Sale price $44.95 Save $20.00
Undoubtedly one of the most recognizable and elegant coffee makers available. The Chemex was designed in 1941 and has been making delicious coffee ever since.
- Its non-porous, heat-resistant glass construction, combined with proprietary, scientifically designed filters, produces coffee with clarity and complexity.
- In fact, it's the filters that are the star of the Chemex show. They are 20-30% heavier than other filters and remove even the finest sediment particles. The design of the filter facilitates the proper infusion time by regulating the filtration rate - about a 4 minute brew.
- One warning: As the filters are made of heavy paper, they require a full rinse with hot water. before brewing. to remove any paper taste. It's worth noting that there are also other filter options for the Chemex. If you want to try a re-usable filter that gives you a totally different, but equally delicious coffee, then check out the Able Kone
- Since the Chemex is made out of glass, you can see the coffee as it brews and, as it's a pour over method, you can also customize your particular brew method very easily.
- It comes with a polished wood collar and leather tie: the collar serving as an insulated handle around the middle of the coffeemaker.
- The Chemex is so cool that it has a permanent display in the Museum of Modern Art in New York, and is how James Bond makes his coffee. What other endorsements do you need?
SPECS30oz (887ml) capacity
Easy to clean - just remove filter and rinse through
Heat-resistant glass made in Germany
Requires Chemex filters
Polished wood collar with leather tie made in the USA
This is our method, but it certainly isn’t the only one, so have a look online and play around to find what you like best.Place a filter in the top of the Chemex
Pour hot/boiling water through until all of the filter is saturated.
Pour the water out of the Chemex, via the channel, ensuring that the filter remains in place
Grind and add coffee into the filter
Start timer and pour enough water (195-205º) to saturate the coffee
Swirl or stir coffee to fully saturate and let bloom for 45 seconds
Add rest of water pouring in a clockwise, circular motion, without pouring to the very edge or overfilling the filter
Once draw down is complete, remove the filter and the coffee is ready to serve!
Please visit our customer care page for returns, exchanges and all customer service inquiries prior to placing your order.
CANADA* SHIPPING RATES
FREE Orders over $175, exclusions below apply (shipped using ICS Expedited Parcel with tracking)
$15 Flat rate shipping for soft goods and select hard goods accessories for orders under $175
$25 Paddles, ISUPS, Surfskates, Bike Surfboard Racks
$40 Bulky items such as Travel bags, Skimboards, Bodyboards
$100 Surfboards shorter than 8 foot
$200 Surfboards 8 foot and longer
CONTINENTAL USA** SHIPPING RATES
$30 Flat rate shipping for soft goods and select hard goods accessories for orders under $250
$40 Paddles, ISUPS, Surfskates, Daybags, Bike Surfboard Racks
$60 Bulky items such as Travel bags, Skimboards, Bodyboards
$350 Surfboards under 8'0 ( Surfboards shipped to Continental United States only, shipping to remote locations may result in extra shipping costs )
We proudly ship worldwide and have shipped products to over 25 countries. International shipping rates are automatically calculated and shown at checkout.
Additional shipping rates may apply depending on location and type of item. We will contact you if there are extra fees associated with your order and reserve the right to cancel your order and issue a refund if we are unable to ship your order at a reasonable price.
Orders will be packaged and ship out within 2 business days (our shop is closed Sundays and Mondays)