FEBRUARY 24 – MARCH 3, 2018
This once in a lifetime adventure will take you to the the longest surfable left hand point break on Earth, where you will enjoy 8 days surfing this leg quaking left, while being pampered at The Chicama Boutique Hotel and Spa. Perfect and extremely long waves plus high end services will be the highlights of this once in a lifetime surfing adventure. Our ISA and Yoga Alliance certified instructors have put together a solid programming of surfing, yoga and mindfulness meditation to perfect your surfing abilities over the course of the week. This trip is best suited for intermediate to advanced surfers, but beginners are most definitely welcome. We will tailor the classes to your particular needs.
This experience is limited to 15 people and no previous surfing experience is required. Our experienced guides work closely with local surf instructors to provide our guests with the best possible coaching. If you have ever dreamed of surfing the longest left-point break wave in the world and being pushed out of your comfort zone in a safe and supportive environment, this trip is for you. We created this trip with intermediate and advanced surfers in mind, but if you are a beginner and want to join us, we have created a surf school option for you. You will be taught from the ground up and as you progress throughout the week, we will push you further and take you back to the line up.
- 7 night / 8 days accommodation
- Transportation to and from the hotel
- Guided surf sessions with ISA Certified Instructors
- 2 x 3 hours zodiac tow-back sessions per day (Total of 10 sessions)
- Daily yoga sessions
- Tour to the Museo de Brujo Sacred Site
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Water with meals
- 5 surf lessons with tow-back service
- 2 theory & technique lessons
- Detailed information on surf technique & local spots
- 3 group discussions to define and assess expectations, learning objectives and outcomes
- Experienced surf instructors certified by the International Surfing Association
- 3:1 Student/Guide Ratio
- Ongoing technique analysis and individual feedback
- Possibility of surfing other breaks (according to skill level and conditions)
- Possibility of surfing additional sessions with tow-back service depending on progress
- Surfboard rentals
- Daily pre-surf mindfulness meditation sessions
- 6 Yoga Classes (Tidal Flow, Restorative, Ginástica Natural, Surf Conditioning)
- Suitable for all levels
- Classes designed to maximize your surfing experience
- Active classes to activate and strengthen muscle groups required for surfing
- Restorative classes stretch, relax and allow your body to recover from your sessions
- Expect lots of surf movements on the mat to get you ready to surf
- Mindfulness meditation sessions help you stay in control of your breath and your mind in and out of the water
- High end accommodation in private boutique hotel
- Private room with 1 king size bed
- Shared room with 2 twin size beds
- All rooms with private bathrooms
- Private terrace for each room
- Ceiling fans
- Safe box
- Infinity pool and relaxing deck
- Lounging areas throughout the property
- Daily maid service
- Complimentary filtered water
- Concierge Service
- Free Wi-Fi
There will be a shuttle waiting for you at Trujillo Airport on Saturday February 24th at 10:00AM. We highly recommend that you fly into Lima at least a day early to get settled and prepare to make the quick 1 hour flight to Trujillo. All connections must be made though Lima. If you are unable to make the 10:00am shuttle (from Trujillo airport) we can arrange other transportation for you to get to the Hotel at an additional charge. Our travel agent can assist you booking a night at a hotel by the airport if needed.
NOT INCLUDED IN PACKAGE
- Airport transfers for anyone arriving past 10:00AM on Saturday, February 24th
- Surfboard rentals for intermediate/advanced surfers (we encourage you to fly with at least two surfboards and your own wetsuit)
- Additional Tours
DO I NEED THE SURF CAMP?
Can you catch green waves on your own? Can you duck dive on a shortboard or turtle roll efficiently on a longboard? Can you turn left and right? Can you perform frontside and backside bottom turns? Can you perform frontside and backside cut backs?
If you answered no to one or more of these questions you need to sign up for the surf camp. This means that we need to assign a surf instructor to work on your drills through the course of the week. The option to skip the surf camp is only available for intermediate and experienced surfers who can perform all of the drills above.
HUACA DEL BRUJO
We will take an afternoon and visit the home to the Madame of Cao, the tattooed mummy that ruled the Moches. This site is located only 45 minutes from Chicama.
If you have the time and desire, Machu Picchu is an option for you to visit. It will require flying from Trujillo to Lima and Lima to Cusco. The adventure to one of the world’s seven wonders will be undertaken as an addition to the retreat at your choosing. All bookings and tour options with be run through: www.alternativeincatrails.com. Please see the website to choose which amazing tour option you would like and book through them directly. This tour will be booked at your own expense.
- Travel and health insurances are mandatory and not included in the package
- Passport must be valid for 6 months beyond your date of entry
- All guests must be at least 19 years old
November 2015 was a highlight in my life, on November 11 I made my way to Toronto airport to meet a bunch of strangers with whom I would spend the next 10 days travelling through Costa Rica hitting surf spots and exploring one of the driving force in my life, surfing. I am a total beginner but have a passion for the sport. Antonio Lennert with Surf the Greats provided me and the rest of the group with an opportunity to discover amazing surf spots and scenic areas in Costa Rica. We met with knowledgeable teachers from surf schools from the area who worked with us to improve our skills. The accommodations where we stayed where beautiful and all had their own particular unique look and feel. If you like an atmosphere of camaraderie surrounded by incredible nature as well as having the opportunity to enjoy surfing, I would totally encourage you to join Surf the Greats in one of their expeditions. Antonio is a caring and pretty amazing guy who has at heart to provide the members of his party with a safe and enjoyable trip. Pura Vida!
PACKAGE WITH SURF CAMP FOR BEGINNERS
|Single room w/ private bathroom||CAD$ 2,995.00|
|Double room w/ private bathroom||CAD$ 2,795.00|
|Triple room w/ private bathroom||CAD$ 2,595.00|
PACKAGE WITHOUT SURF CAMP FOR INTERMEDIATE / ADVANCED SURFERS
|Single room w/ private bathroom||CAD$ 2,795.00|
Double room w/ private bathroom
Triple room w/ private bathroom
Prices do not include HST (13% Harmonized Sales Taxes)
CAD$ 500 + HST Non-refundable Surf & Yoga Camp fee required to secure your spot.
Remainder due to our travel agent by January 5th, 2018.
TRAVEL AGENT INFORMATION
56 Church St.Toronto, Ontario M5C 3C8
Transat Travel’s customer funds are protected in Ontario by TICO. Reg.# 50015088