MAY 10 – 17, 2017
Join us and our partners from Brisas del Mar to learn to surf in one of the most authentic beach communities in Nicaragua. The consistent, but forgiving breaks, are perfect for beginners with more advanced breaks within reach as you progress during the week. The retreat centre is off the beaten path and nestled in the fishing village of Jiquilillo. The friendly villagers greet all travellers with open arms and are eager to include you in their daily lives. Nearby is one of the most bio diverse nature reserve in the county. Our instructors are certified by the International Surfing Association as well as the Yoga Alliance, and will provide you a holistic approach to surfing education to get you up and surfing safely in no time. This trip is perfect for beginners with some or no surfing experience.
This surf camp is limited to 10 people and no previous surfing experience is required. Our ISA certified surf instructors will provide our guests with top notch coaching. Whether you want to learn to surf or become a better surfer, we designed this trip to push you out of your comfort zone in a safe and supportive environment.
Do you want to check off a “bucket list” adventure? Well look no further than boarding down Nicaragua’s youngest active volcano, Cerro Negro. Making the ascent to the 708 metre summit is part of the adventure. Once at the top you can walk to the edge of the steaming caldera of the volcano. From this vantage point you can see other volcanoes from the nearby Telica to the giant to the north San Cristobal. When you are ready to go you will blast down the side of Cerro Negro and experience an adventure that will not soon be forgotten. After the volcano you will make a short trip to the historic colonial City of Leon and enjoy a “Nica” lunch on the main square. In Leon you can explore the huge Cathedral of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary while taking in the “City of Poets”.
A daily Yoga session is an amazing way to compliment your surfing adventure. Jiquilillo Beach provides the perfect “zen” atmosphere to disconnect and be one with your practice. Yoga and surfing are disciplines that are connected through movement, nature and soul. All classes with our certified instructor will be conducted only steps away from the ocean and will be geared towards improving your surfing and overall wellbeing.
INCLUDED IN THE TRIP
- 7 nights air conditioned beach front accommodations at Brisas del Mar
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner served “family style”
- 5 days of surfing instruction
- 2 daily surf lessons with an ISA Certified instructors
- Ongoing technique analysis and individual feedback
- Surfboard rentals
- Possibility of surfing other breaks (according to skill level and conditions)
- Daily Yoga (Vinyasa, conditioning, restorative and mindfulness meditation)
- Sunrise kayak on the Padre Ramos Estuary
- Volcano boarding at Cerro Negro
- Saturday night salsa dancing in the village
- US$ 1,245.00 based on double occupancy. Add US$ 200 for single room
- Airport Shuttle departs Managua after last guest arrival on May 10 and departs prior to first guest scheduled flight
- $300 Deposit to secure your spot, e-transfers are accepted
- All major credit cards are accepted with a 6% Surcharge
- Ensure that your passport is valid 6 months after to the completion of your travel
- Mandatory travel and health insurance
NOT INCLUDED IN PACKAGE
- Optional activities
- Horseback riding
- Boat surfing
- Market tour
- Deep sea fishing
- Volunteering with local community
- Travel and health insurances are mandatory and not included in the package
- Passport must be valid for 6 months beyond your date of entry
We always have a fantastic time when we stay at Brisas Del Mar in Jiquilillo. Great surfing, beautiful scenery and amazing staff! Can’t wait to get back!
Had an awesome day with Antonio and Matty. Even if you haven't been surfing before these guys will get you up on the board, without pushing you. They made me feel totally comfortable out there and managed to get me from practicing on the beach and got me outback to the start of the break. Awesome experience. I would highly recommend getting out there with these two guys. I am sure you will have a great day as well.
This trip is being run and administered by Brisas del Mar Nicaragua. Our instructors have been hired to provide all the programming for this surf and yoga camp. If you have any questions about the resort, trip or want to book your spot, please e-mail the hotel directly.
If you have any questions about the programming, contact us via e-mail or at 416-846-4212.